Albert Einstein once said, “If you can’t explain it to a 6 year old, then you don’t understand it yourself.”
How to explain electromagnetic frequencies…EMF…to a 6 year old….
I own a cell phone. It is usually turned off. I only use it when I leave Crestone, which is a rare event, and even then it is usually turned off. I turn it on if I absolutely need to make a call.
Unfortunately, I am aware that every time I ring one of my friends, or they ring me, that they are likely talking on a cell phone, and they are being harmed. Somewhere in our conversation I usually mention this problem.
European researchers are now suggesting that children who grow up on cell phones and portable house phones, and other innumerable EMF devices, may risk Alzheimer’s disease in their 30’s and 40’s. Europe tends to be 10-20 years ahead of the USA with meaningful research and practices about health and lifestyle. For instance, structural building EMF studies and recommendations started developing in Germany in the post WWII period.
EMF is an acronym for “electromagnetic field.”
Using cell phones inside of a vehicle (a closed metal container) causes the cell phone to work harder with a larger signal search to locate the nearest receptive tower. Therefore, using it inside of your motor vehicle is fraught with more EMF exposure effects to your own electromagnetic field. If the concept of “your own electromagnetic field” bothers you, then just substitute the term “your body.”
If you feel your cell phone getting warm, or hot, as it is positioned next to your ear, brain, innumerable nerves, important blood vessels, parotid glands, thyroid gland, parathyroid glands, lymph nodes, and all of the other tissues, then you need to let it cool off (turn it off), or move it away from your head and neck a few centimeters, or use an extension cord device for listening and speaking.
Cell phone EMF, and EMF from other sources, seems to be cumulative, like X-ray damage to our cellular mechanisms, like eating trans fats, like breathing cigarette smoke, etc. The subtle cumulative effects are not noticed by us since the human also has such a profound healing and regenerative mechanism at play. At some point we begin to lose our vital energy, and we wonder what might be going on.
Here is an excellent summation from Joseph Mercola, M.D., about cell phone hazards. The video at the beginning is worth your time.
And also, here is an article from the NYT, about cell phones concerns.
Electromagnetic field hazards are ubiquitous. Cell phone frequencies are just a part of this consideration. Another concern is the portable phones you use in your home which signal at 900 megahertz. I traded my portable phones out for land lines some time back. Corded land lines do not emit EMF. These good old time corded telephones are safe.
We are awash in growing numbers of EMF wavelengths which compile in a negative synergy to affect our human electromagnetic field. It is wise to consider the types of common EMF that you are exposed to, all of which can be eliminated, or at least mitigated significantly. Examples of mitigation: keep your cell phone turned off, keep your cell phone away from your body, switch your portable house phones to corded land lines, and look into all of the EMF issues in your home.
If you are a nostalgic type, you might be able to buy an old rotary phone somewhere, like in an antique store. It will assist your life process in another way; it will help you slow down.
When I was a kid growing up at the end of a county road on Perdido Bay in Baldwin County, Alabama, there were no phones until I was about 9 years old. Then, our home took on the first phone, as my physician mother required such a modern day communication arrangement to keep in touch with her Montgomery based medical practice. It was a black plastic rotary model. After a year or so, the salt air served to gum up the rotary action, and so one had to use their finger in the disc holes to assist the rotation of the disc back to neutral. It was a fascinating new modern age.
Pretty soon all of the other homes on the Bay had phones. We were all on a “party line.” A party line is an open line used by all. If you picked up the phone, you could just listen to other peoples’ conversations, and they might also listen in on your’s. You could not place your call until the other party was off the line. It was a lesson in patience, and communication. Contrast this quaint history with today’s hyperkinetic communication process and frenzy.
You can study the following websites if you are interested in learning more about EMF and EMF mitigation. These sites are excellent resources for your study.
- Safe Living Technologies
- Create Healthy Homes… This is Oram Miller’s website, and is recommended.
- Less EMF
- International Institute for Building Biology & Ecology
- International Institute for Building Biology & Ecology…a listing of certified specialists who can analyze and remediate electromagnetic and geopathic stress and toxicity in home and environment.
Currently, I live in Saguache County, Colorado, at the end of another county road, backed up against a massive range of granite mountains. The county is 3 times the size of Rhode Island, and boasts only 7000 inhabitants. There are no stop lights in the county. Cell phone service here can be spotty. Web service can be slow. Sometimes the phones go out. The beauty and energy of this locale is profound; relatively untouched in comparison to the denser and more entangled EMF effects in more densely populated locales.
When I travel back to the Front Range of Colorado to visit Colorado Springs, Denver, Boulder, and other locales I realize that I am visiting places with a higher density of electromagnetic compression and intensity.
The Japanese EMF Dilemma….and Iodine Usage
Here is an article from today’s world news about another type of EMF process which is ongoing and worsening. The website that this article is posted on is worth checking in with from week to week.
About the ongoing Japanese plight, Mike Adam’s article adds perspective.
The plight of Japan, the world’s 3rd largest industrial economy, the plight of its people, the plight of earth and all of her environments and inhabitants is a deepening concern.
Meditation and mass consciousness praying will become more the norm this year and next as we move through many changes. You can reference the Global Coherence Initiative, Part I and Part II, Journal entries written on the last Winter Solstice and on last Christmas Day.
I recommend considering taking an iodine supplement. I use Iodine Synergy from Designs for Health. It has 10 mg. of potassium iodide and 40 mcg. of selenium. I use 1 capsule every other day, which gives me 5 mg. on the average. This is the correct dosing for a male. Females need 5-7 mg. per day; the extra amount being helpful for breast and ovarian health.
5-7 mg. per day is all we need to fill the iodine receptors to block out radioactive I131, as well as the equally harmful flouride, chlorine, and bromine chemistry. If the I131 contamination floats through the jet stream and becomes more globally ubiquitous and measurable, dosing can be increased from 10 mg. to higher values. For Americans the 85 mg. dosing, at this point in time, is extreme.
Of course the main reason we may wish to consider an iodine supplement is because iodine is critical as essential mineral chemistry in such organs as the brain, thyroid gland, salivary glands, thymus gland, stomach, pancreas, ovaries, breasts, and skin.
Iodine is a halogen element in the Periodic Table of elements. The other halogens are toxic to our chemistry because they bind competitively at iodine cellular receptors, and block iodine at the receptor site. The other 3 toxic halogens are chlorine, flourine, and bromine. You can consider this important concern as you drink and bathe in chlorinated and flourinated water, swim in such swimming pools, soak in such hot tubs, or use such dental products.
It is wise to use an iodine supplement these days. It will flood out the other toxic concerns mentioned above.
Here is a link to a succinct article on iodine and human health.
As for the more serious radioactive isotopes of cesium, plutonium, uranium, and MOX uranium (mixed oxide of uranium and plutonium) contamination you can consider using an oral chelating agent for heavy metals. Please refer to the referenced articles below.
You might also benefit from a review of the comprehensive December 5, 2011 Crestone and Beyond Journal entry entitled “Detoxification.” It is here.
I’ll conclude with a pertinent quote from J. Krishnamurti.
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted in a profoundly sick society.”
Signing off from Crestone and Beyond
Other Useful References:
- The Dangers of Cell Phones…a writing on this website about the dangers of using cell phones.
- Brain Health…a writing on this website about how to nourish a healthy brain.
- How LED Lighting may Compromise Your Health
- Scholarly Articles about Oral Chelation
- How Cellphones Can Cause Brain Tumors and Trigger Chronic Disease
- 9 Ways to Protect Yourself from Cell Phone Radiation
- Dirty Electricity–Stealth Trigger of Disease and Lowered Life Expectancy
- What Happens to Your Body When You Use the Internet…problems created by digital dependence.
- Reconnecting with the Earth…some of the science and benefits of earthing is presented here.
- Must-see Documentary Reveals Dangers of Smart Meters…another EMF threat to our health, and our privacy.
- Histamine Inflammation Links Electromagnetic (EMF) and Multiple Chemical Sensitivity
- LED Lights–Energy savers aren’t always health savers
- LED Light Risks…more information on the negative effects of this form of lighting.
- The Harmful Effects of Electromagnetic Fields Explained
- Grounded…a definitive documentary about the importance and benefits of connecting with the electromagnetic field of the earth.
- The Importance of Electromagnetic Field Remediation in the Treatment of Chronic Disease…Dr. Mercola interviews Dietrich Klinghardt, M.D., Ph.D. about this problem.
- Why You Need a ‘Digital Detox’ (and How to Do It Right)…Chris Kresser explains the importance of leaving your digital devices behind from time to time.
- Reduce EMF Exposure…a very important article from the Mercola website, dated 1-8-2018, covering the many problems with EMF exposures and feature a one hour interview with Dr. Martin Pall, Ph.D., who is one of the leading researchers in this field. I encourage you to immerse yourself in this particular article and interview and learn more about this pervasive and pernicious problem.
- Health Effects of Isolation…the health effects of loneliness are explained. The illusion of connectedness via electronic devices is alluded too, and this is just one more toxic aspect of EMF devices.
- Get Proper Sleep Nightly…important updated information (1-18-18) about sleep which covers the negative effects of electromagnetic fields on our sleep.
- Grounding–A Simple, Pleasurable Way to Reduce Inflammation and Chronic Disease…I grew up going barefoot up until about age 12. I only wore shoes when going to church. Now I use grounding pad technology to assist my health. Grounding is a good type of EMF effect.