This Journal entry introduces the tenets of Compassion which were left to future generations by the Essene Masters over 2000 years ago. It is said that the Essenes were teachers of Jesus of Nazareth, and that Jesus’ mother, Mary, was an Essene.
I also want to use this Easter Day writing to reference and resurrect some points made in previous entries, and then tie these concepts together in the Essene tenets of Compassion. This exercise might be helpful at this point.
I want to register some general themes and principles which have appeared frequently in the past Crestone and Beyond Journal entries. You can peruse the past entries to pick up the trail and connect the dots should you feel so ambitious.
However, here is a progressive listing of some of the principle themes I have written about so far:
1) The socioeconomic, geophysical, and geopolitical issues of today’s world are worrisome to troublesome to dire. Your world needs for you to stop ignoring these concerns. We are one with Earth. Her problems are the nutritive soup for your new dream. Here we have the grist for your growth as a real human being in this very lifetime.
2) Your spiritual progress can be monitored by looking at the daily world around you as a Mirror. This Mirror of your daily life events is showing you what you may want to groom.
3) Mass human consciousness can change the course of difficult world circumstances. See the prior entries on the Global Coherence Initiative (GCI) from last Christmas. It appears that past and present world leaders do not have a handle on our world problems. In fact, these imperious leaders exacerbate the problems in most cases. It will be up to us citizens to heal our planet’s societal and geophysical problems.
4) The Heart is the seat of the Mind. We have a Heart Mind and a Brain Mind. The Heart Mind is primary. The purpose of the Brain Mind is to serve the Heart Mind. The passions, motivators, and gifts which only you can develop and express are known in your Heart. “Go to thy bosom, knock there, and ask what thy Heart doth know.”
5) The Heart has a resonant frequency of 0.1 cycles per second (coherence). This is the optimal frequency of Heart electromagnetic relationship with, and influence on: our emotions, cognition, intuition, and cellular health. This frequency also entrains other mammalian Hearts into coherence. All mammalian Hearts have a resonant frequency of 0.1 cps.
6) When a number of human Hearts are in coherence, the resonant coherent effect in the Field is amplified. This is reminiscent of Christ’s words, “when 2 or more of you are gathered in my name….” It takes the square root of 1% of a population in question, praying in coherent Heart resonant frequency to affect positive change in the population. For Gaia’s population of 6.5 to 7 billion people, this number is a bit more than 8000 people. See the GCI Journal entries mentioned above in point #3.
7) As Gandhi said, “We must be the change we wish to see in the world.” If you want the world to be better, you must be better. The technology of the manifestation of betterment through prayer and compassion requires that we understand our relationship with Unity Consciousness, the Singularity.
8) We exist as part of a quantum hologram, a Field of Consciousness, known to some as the Mind of God. If there is a positive change in one small part of the quantum hologram, then all of the hologram must change for the positive. This is your power of One. Do not underestimate your potential and your importance. The Universe wanted you to be here, and It breathes life into your Being for an important purpose. Get to know what this means for you and humanity.
9) The human being is multidimensional. Our Light Body lives on, and continues its journey after the death of our physical earthly body. In both phases we exist as a Singulartiy with the Field mentioned in point #7. Furthermore, there are other innumerable transdimensional entities and beings with which we share the Singularity. God is not difficult to find; God is difficult to avoid. There is One Universe which knows and co-creates Itself via Its myriad and manifold manifestations.
10) Our multidimensional nature exists as a composite which we can reduce into a Quaternary for the purpose of definition and exploration. The 4 parts we can explore and improve upon are body, mind, emotion, and spirit. Of the 4, the emotions are the key to our health, happiness, and ability to serve humanity and help others go beyond suffering. The Heart is the central organizing intelligence of this Quaternary.
11) There are 17 parent emotion states which are arranged from lower to higher frequencies. Our past memoried traumatic imprints can be triggered by any type of daily event to evoke the lowest emotions of shame and guilt. If shame and guilt are operative, then the next 6 higher emotions will be expressed in a shadow fashion. These emotions are apathy, grief, fear, desire, anger, and pride. Above these 6 emotion states are 9 other emotion frequencies which have only positive feeling state correlates. We must be able to clarify the shadow states into the utilitarian expression of the emotion, and then access the higher emotional states in order to manifest our dreams, vision, and gifts. See Becoming Compassion, Part I, written on April 14, 2011, for a review of these emotion frequencies.
12) We must learn the shadow feeling states in our body which are associated with their parent shadow emotion. We learn to shift the emotion from the shadow expression to the utilitarian expression. The utilitarian expression of the emotion is designed to protect and heal your life. This requires practice. The memoried trauma and evoked shadow emotions require forgiveness.
13) The Heart Mind informs the cellular matrix with an electromagnetic frequency which corresponds to the emotion frequency and feeling states which we allow to be broadcast by the Heart.
14) An emotion may be defined as a charge, power, or voltage. It needs a directional vector force to assist it. The directional vector or conduit is a thought. The combination of a thought and an emotion is a feeling in the body. We do not feel feelings in our heads, per se; we feel feelings in the body. The Heart and body are vibrating information out into the quantum hologram, the Singularity. This vibration frequency will be matched by the Universe as a future memory manifestation in your life.
With these general concepts in mind, we consider the technology of Compassion.
Here is an excerpt from Becoming Compassion, Part I …
“Compassion does not imply complacency, and it does not imply that you are in agreement with an event which has transpired. Compassion is a practiced human art form which allows one to become proactive and accountable in the mastery of how one conducts one’s life in all circumstances. The practice of compassion helps the painful circumstances by not contributing more negative energy to the misery. It imbues the practitioner with calmness, equanimity, imperturbability, a state of loving kindness, and unconditional presence.
We become compassion. The secret to this is how we think, emote, and feel about a series of codes which the Essenes offered. In ancient traditions, compassion is more than a state of sympathy. It is awareness, a conscious state of being. We become compassion. It is intentional.
The Essene tenets, which I will describe in “Becoming Compassion, Part II”, are self empowering. If you find one of these tenets which does not work for you, then you have just defined your own path, or a part of yourself which is seeking a greater healing.
The Essene codes for Becoming Compassion are about belief systems, the belief systems which reside in our subconscious mind and our conscious mind. A unique chemistry accompanies all of our emotions, thoughts, and feelings. We are alchemically programming chemistry into our bodies. We seek the optimum chemistry, and Becoming Compassion is the science which allows us to have optimum chemistry.”
The teachings of the Essenes can be studied by anyone. Here is a quote from one source, The Essene Gospel of Peace which is published in 4 Books.
“It was in 1928 that Edmond Bordeaux Szekely (pronounced Say-Kay) first published his translation of The Essene Gospel of Peace, an ancient manuscript discovered in the Secret Archives of the Vatican as the result of limitless patience, faultless scholarship, and unerring intuition.
The English version first appeared in 1937 representing yet another fragment of the complete manuscript which exists in Aramaic in the Secret Archives of the Vatican and in old Slavonic in the Royal Library of the Habsburgs (now the property of the Austrian government). The poetic style of the translator brings to vivid reality the exquisitely beautiful words of Jesus and the Elders of the Essene Brotherhood. Liberated from the secret archives of the Vatican, these sacred scrolls are testaments to the eternal and living truth of the Way.”
There are many sacred texts which were, and still are, hidden from humanity. Fortunately, many texts have survived and have been revealed over the past few decades. As examples, we have the Dead Sea Scrolls, the translation of The Essene Gospel of Peace, the reemergence of the Gnostic Gospels, and the Coptic Codices from the Nag Hammadi Library which include the only complete copy of The Gospel of Thomas.
We also have the fully developed teachings from the eastern spiritual paths. These teachings are totally compatible with the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth. Moreover, the Eastern paths openly offer the teachings about the inner technologies which we all possess. The spiritual practices of ancient indigenous tribes also follow these universal human teachings and technologies. This innate spiritual aspect of our being is always present, awaiting discovery and development.
The early church patriarchs did not want us to have access to information about how to develop our own innate and inherent inner technologies. They desired that humanity come to an outside institution (the church), for its guidance. The path of humanity was altered.
The Biblical edits in 325 A.D. at the Council of Nicea, and then later in 553 A.D. at the Second Treatise of Constantinople, disallowed and disabled our ease of access to the inner technologies of the human spirit. As the centuries went by we allowed ourselves to be engulfed in external technologies, and also in mechanized warfare as a means of furthering egoist and cultural controls.
It is now time to cease and desist from technologies which destroy our planet home and our human race and cultures. These same destructive technologies can be transformed into their creative and helpful counterparts. This will require that the humans who are currently pursuing greed, corruption and power control agendas change their attitude and practices, and transform their own human lives.
In the meantime it will be up to us to hold the sacred space and consciousness for such an evolution to occur. If it does not occur, Gaia will shake us off like fleas, or, the human race will enact its own destruction. The pace and intensity of negative events on our planet is increasing with greater compression.
At such a rate, as is now becoming more obvious to many, we may well be in some sort of a free-fall in the near future. This type of calamitous enactment will result from an ongoing devolvement of socioeconomic, geopolitical, and geophysical forces.
The Essene Tenets for Becoming Compassion
To Become Compassion, we are asked by the Essenes to acknowledge 6 key tenets, or codes:
1) “Is there a single Source of all that we will ever witness in the world? Is every life event a part of that Source?”
This first code is asking us to acknowledge the Singularity, or Unity Consciousness, or Mind of God. There is a single creative force in our world which has many different names and expressions. This Universal force is attempting to know and enjoy and co-create Itself through our lives, and all of life.
2) “Do you trust in the process of life as it is shown to you? Do you trust in Divine timing? Do you believe that there is no accident or happenstance?”
As we explore the hidden dimensions of our life every day, we might register the questions: Who am I? Where did I come from? What is my purpose? What is the meaning of my existence?
In asking these contemplative questions, we are influencing the behavior of the Universe in terms of how It is going to let us know the answers. So called “synchronicities” are evidence of the Field of Singularity in action. It is helpful to be sensitive to the workings of synchronicity in our lives, and not push them, and love, away.
3) “Do you believe that each and every situation is your opportunity to demonstrate mastery of Life?”
This is a chosen life path. We are all tested every day. If we judge our results by the “pass-fail” system, then we are probably just comparing ourselves to others. How can other people be a measuring stick for you? You are unique, and you have special gifts to refine. Do not ignore your motivators, passions, and gifts. Use them correctly for the betterment of your life, and the lives of others. Do not assist others in remaining stuck in their egoist needs.
We can choose to view every opportunity as a time to demonstrate mastery without judging the outcome. This is a different path than allowing our prior conditioning to inform us to just keep up the facade of being competitive (a narcissistic addiction), as measured against others. You do your own best without walking all over other lives, or using other lives for your egoist needs.
4) “Do you believe that your Life mirrors your quest to know yourself in all ways?”
In looking at the world as a mirror of you, it becomes very apparent that the Universe is showing up inside of every instant to inform you about how you are doing on your journey of discovery. We can become more curious and delighted by this unfolding, rather than judging and critiquing it into oblivion. We allow the numinous and the luminous Mystery to embrace and engulf our lives. We get to know ourselves simply by looking into the mirror of our lives. This mirror effect is quite accurate.
5) “Do you believe that Life essence is eternal?”
At some point in our journey, our physical earthly body goes through a phase transition to a Light body. The Light body is the eternal body that we are. We can strive to embrace a quality of awareness which allows our body and spirit complex to experience a graceful transition.
We can become comfortable with uncertainty because it is a foundation for creativity. Our Soul provided us with a vehicle for body and spirit to hold one another in this lifetime. I refer you to the June 2009 Archives of this Journal should you be interested in reading the 3 Journal entries on “Study Categories of Life after Life, Part I, II, and III.”
The most recent Journal entry posted 2 days ago has a look at some of the biochemical research of DNA telomeres and their influence on our graceful aging and transition.
6) The 6th Essene Code for Becoming Compassion is the most empowering code of the lot.
There are frequent events and circumstances in our life that push us to the limits of who we think we are. We encounter such events from time to time, and we may have come to terms with the prior 5 tenets, but we may still feel an emotional charge accumulating in our bodies. What do we do then?
The Essenes account for this eventuality with the Gift of the Blessing. The Gift of the Blessing finalizes the reconciliation, which the 5 tenets of Becoming Compassion are the program for. I shall attempt to unfold and describe this 6th Essene Code in the words and paragraphs which follow.
Please read on.
Blessing is a quality of thought, emotion, and feeling which allows us to acknowledge the sacred and divine nature of that which we have witnessed. If we believe in the Singularity, then whatever we have seen or experienced from that Source must be sacred.
We do not have to agree with what we have seen or experienced in our world. We do not have to condone an action of atrocity or injustice. We simply acknowledge that the action is an expression of Singularity Consciousness.
We do not have to understand the action in that moment. Our acknowledgement of the sacredness of all that happens in this world becomes the lubricant which frees our emotional charge and allows the emotional charge to pass from our bodies. This choice allows us to move forward, enabled and intact with life, rather than being stuck in the shadow emotion state.
The Blessing does not change what happened. It changes how we feel about what happened so that we can reconcile with the event, free ourselves, and move forward even more enabled.
Every time we give a part of ourselves away to pain, hurt, rage, and injustice, then we have relinquished a part of ourselves that is now not able to Love. We compromise little parts of ourselves in order to survive.
At some point in our lives, we find something that we are choosing to give our Love to. If we reach inside and find that there is not much left after having relinquished and compromised away pieces of our lives, then we may find that we cannot stand in ourselves to offer Love.
The Gift of the Blessing is the choice which allows us to free the binding emotions so that we can Love from the deepest levels of our being.
The Essenes and other mystery schools and indigenous traditions say that we come to this world to learn of a Love that is greater than the Love of Angels, and is only possible in this world. Eastern spiritual traditions also say that it is very rare and precious to be able to be born onto this plane in a human body. As you ponder and contemplate these 2 concepts, your life will change for the better, and you will gain self respect and Self Love.
The world we are born into, and live our lives in, is made from polarities, unlike higher astral planes (Heaven), which are made from finer forms of Light. Accordingly, we can learn of a Love on this plane which is attended by a more difficult learning curve, and may be also attended by greater sacrifices, and may be even more precious to our Soul in its journey.
The Gift of the Blessing assists us in knowing this Love.
When an event has passed, such as any horrific calamity, we cannot reconcile the event, because it has already passed. And yet we still experience painful feeling states in our body. What do we do?
Do we continue to ignore it, and attempt to push it out of our memory? Most people employ this avoidance technique because they feel overwhelmed by the pain. The denial mechanism is actually used as a mechanism to assist us in surviving and moving along, despite having the pain. When we are strong enough, we can understand the truth of the circumstances, which are usually obvious.
Do we have to go out into the world and participate in the manufacturing of contrived wars which have created immense and needless suffering?
No, we do not have to make this choice.
Remember, we are only trying to reconcile an emotional charge which is in our bodies. Jesus was referring to this concept when he said to “turn the other cheek,” and to not strike back. In other words, do not strike out in revenge, which usually only worsens the situation. If one refuses to give a slap for a slap, and does not allow animosity a foothold in one’s being, then a tremendous power of Love develops in the Heart.
On the other hand, there will be times when one must definitively declare boundaries. This is a natural innate survival instinct, which we are born into on this earth plane, for the purpose of protecting our lives. Do not attempt to override this reflex!
One must understand boundaries of self and other, and the morals and ethics which are appropriate. Example: defending your life and the lives of loved ones when threatened. To understand the difference between revenge and reflexive protection requires a cool head, and discernment.
We are advised by the Essenes to try The Gift of the Blessing to ease our emotional charge: 1) Bless the victim who sacrificed so that we were able to know ourselves through their sacrifice. 2) Bless those who perpetrated the events that have happened, the events that hurt us so deeply. 3) Bless our own selves who had to witness these events which transpired.
When you Bless an event in such a fashion, you are simply acknowledging that what you have witnessed is part of All.
What choice do we really have other than to Bless and rise above the polarity that hurt us so? The other choice is to remain in the polarity. Remaining in the polarity usually leads to an enactment of the revenge problem.
And so, if we acknowledge and believe and act on these tenets, how can we judge anything as something different or apart from Singularity? If we acknowledge, trust, and believe in these concepts, then we Become Compassion.
I would like to thank Gregg Braden for his research and teaching, and for his many world travels and efforts to bring these ancient technologies and insights forward into this fascinating modern day world that we live in. I enthusiastically recommend all of Gregg’s material. You can visit www.greggbraden.com to learn more.
Some of the commentary above was adapted from his 1999 CD set called Beyond Zero Point, disc 2, tracks 7-10.
I also recommend his other excellent audio sets which support this writing. They are The Isaiah Effect, The Lost Mode of Prayer, and Choice Point 2012, The Promise of Our Future in the Cycles of the Past.
As I have written in prior entries, the intent of Crestone and Beyond is to offer insight into how we can heal our own lives, and heal our humanity and our planetary home.
The movie Avatar (2009) comes to mind. I commend producer James Cameron for his vision and perseverance in the creation of a spiritual theme of Singularity inside of the usual human violence. The movie is reminiscent of his earlier excellent and fascinating production, The Abyss (1993), in its thematic and technical portrayals.
In the Avatar movie we can ponder the mechanized usurpation and warfare perpetrated by the humans against the planet Pandora and her Na’vi humanoid inhabitants, a clan known as the Omiticaya. This is an obvious example of militaristic imperialism set 200 years hence. It is hard for me to imagine that we will still be so corrupt 2 centuries from now. I think we will be evolving away from this type of human expression very soon, within a few years hence.
The movie portrays a species of highly evolved sensitive humanoids who live proficiently and comfortably with their primitive external technology. They have also evolved an internal technology which allows them to live in harmony with all of their biosphere, even linking mentally to some of Pandora’s life forms, and also via a conscious bio-neural network with all of the planet’s sentient inhabitants.
This type of living has been practiced by all of Earth’s indigenous tribes prior to the economic and mechanized militaristic imperialist invasions in times past and present. History is replete with many such transgressions, from the Mongol hordes to Alexander the Great to the Roman Empire to the United States of America.
We are one people living on one planet.
Might we evolve to live in such harmony with our mother planet, called Gaia in these writings, like the Na’vi accomplished on Pandora?
In conclusion, a quote of Jesus from The Gospel of Thomas comes to mind: “If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you.”
Signing off from Crestone and Beyond.