- American Board of Surgery,
certified 1982, re-certified 1991
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- American Board of Holistic
Medicine, certified 2000
- Reconnective Healing, Levels I, II, 2001
- Psych-K basic training, 2005
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pre Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS), 2009
- American College of Surgeons
- Southwestern Surgical Congress
- Denver Academy of Surgery
- American Holistic Medical Association
- International Society for the Study of Subtle Energies and Energy Medicine (ISSSEEM)
Recent and Current Educational Studies
- International Conference on Science and Consciousness, Santa Fe, 2005, 2006, 2008
- Colorado State EMS Conference, 2007
- Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC), Colorado locations, 2009
- Conventional and Holistic Health, Science, Consciousness, Spiritual studies, ongoing
About Dr. John R.M. Day and the Haelan LifeStream Center
Born to physician parents, and the father of a physician, Dr. John Day's lifetime interest in healing and the multidimensional nature of our being began in 1960 when he met Helen Keller. Just 9 years old at the time he understood that Ms. Keller could psychically see, despite her physical blindness. The brief intimate time with Ms.Keller prompted an early curiosity about human intuitive and psychic ability.
His physician mother, the late Dr. Jane Day of Montgomery, Alabama, helped him understand at age 12 that healing comes from within by the action of self accountability and Divine Grace.
College and medical school studies were combined with independent studies of Eastern spiritual paths and cultural healing modalities. As a general and vascular surgeon in Boulder, CO, he developed and integrated the elemental components of the Haelan LifeStream model into his surgical practice as a teaching tool to assist his patients with their life process issues. In 2001 he retired from the surgical work to establish the Haelan LifeStream Center, offering the model on a full time basis. In 2007, he moved the Center to Crestone, CO, a beautiful retreat community located at the foot of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, just north of the Great Sand Dunes, in the San Luis Valley. This community is well known for embracing sustainability practices, and it is home to numerous spiritual centers from Eastern and Western paths.
In May 2009, the Haelan LifeStream Center moved to reopen in the Grants subdivision of Crestone, and the Center is now established as a live-in retreat for 1 or 2 people who may wish to come to this site for private retreat and enjoy the wonderful amenities and profound natural beauty of Crestone, the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, and the San Luis Valley. Clients who rent the retreat may also work with Dr. Day, as well as other holistic practitioners in Crestone, who are allied with the Center, and provide valuable healing services.
Please refer to the Center and Retreat Page.
Degrees and Professional Practice
- Medical Advisor, Natural Instinct Nutrition, www.NaturalInstinctNutrition.com, 2012
- Medical Director, Emergency Medical Services, Crestone, CO, 2007-2009
- Founded Haelan LifeStream Center, Crestone, CO 2007
- Founded Haelan LifeStream Center, Boulder, CO 2001
- General and Vascular Surgery practice, 1981-2001, Boulder Medical Center, Boulder, CO
- Physician of the Year, 1994, Boulder Medical Center
- Chairman, Department of Surgery, 1990-1992, Boulder Community Hospital
- Chief Administrative Resident, General Surgery, 1981, University of Maryland Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- General Surgery Residency, 1979 -1981, University of Maryland Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- General Surgery Residency, 1977-1979, Tulane Division, Charity Hospital of Louisiana, New Orleans, LA
- M.D., 1977, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA.
- B.S., 1973, Rhodes College, Memphis, TN.
Important: In you're using Internet Explorer, it will take longer for the audio to start.
- Radio interview with psychotherapist Marla Oberhausen, Ph.D, January 26, 2002. A Description of the Haelan LifeStream Model
- Radio Interview with Marla Oberhausen, Ph.D., and Christopher Turf, R.Ph., 2002. A Primer on Hormones and Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy, Part I
- Radio Interview with Marla Oberhausen, Ph.D., and Christopher Turf, R.Ph., 2002. A Primer on Hormones and Natural Hormone Replacement Therapy, Part II
(Please note: The telephone contact number in these first 3 interviews is no longer valid. See the Contact page on this website for the current contact number.)
- Telephone interview with Linda Lizotte, president of Designs for Health, May 11 2005.
- Others: See www.scienceforlife.net. Scroll the Archives for interviews with Doug Parks on August 24, 2011, November 24, 2010, and September 9, 2009. These interviews offer general perspectives on healing.