Out beyond ideas of wrong doing and right doing,
there is a field. I’ll meet you there.
When the soul lies down in that grass,
the world is too full to talk about.
Ideas, language, even the phrase “each other”
doesn’t make any sense.
“Unitive, non-dual consciousness opens our hearts, minds, and bodies to actually experience God in the now. Ultimate Reality cannot be seen with any dualistic operation of the mind, where we divide the field of the moment and eliminate anything mysterious, confusing, unfamiliar, or outside our comfort zone. Dualistic thinking is highly controlled and permits only limited seeing. It protects the status quo and allows the ego to feel like it’s in control. This way of filtering reality is the opposite of pure presence.
We learn the dualistic pattern of thinking at an early age, and it helps us survive and succeed in practical ways. But it can get us only so far. That’s why all religions at the more mature levels have discovered another ‘software’ for processing the really big questions like death, love, infinity, suffering, the mysterious nature of sexuality, and whoever God or the Divine is. Many of us call this access ‘contemplation’ or simply ‘prayer.’ It is a non-dualistic way of living in the moment. Don’t think, just look (contemplata).
Non-dual knowing is learning how to live satisfied in the naked now, ‘the sacrament of the present moment’ as Jean Pierre de Caussade called it. This consciousness will teach us how to actually experience our experiences, whether good, bad, or ugly, and how to let them transform us. Words by themselves divide and judge the moment; pure presence lets it be what it is, as it is. Words and thoughts are invariably dualistic; pure experience is always non-dualistic.
As long as you can deal with life as a set of universal abstractions, you can pretend that the binary system is true. But once you deal with concrete reality—with yourself, with someone you love, with actual moments—you find that reality is a mixture of good and bad, dark and light, life and death. Reality requires more a both/and approach than either/or differentiation. The non-dual mind is open to everything. It is capable of listening to the other, to the body, to the heart, to all the senses. It begins with a radical yes to each moment.
When you can be present in this way, you will know the Real Presence. I promise you this is true. You will still need and use your dualistic mind, but now it is in service to the greater whole rather than just the small self.”
Gateway to Silence: God is right here right now.
Crestone and Beyond
In order for us to be able to embrace new and evolving information about brain health, we have to be able to walk away from the entanglements of old forms of misinformation which have burdened and encrusted our lives. These kinds of misinformation still hold a strong sway and are being prospered by the food industry, the pharmaceutical industry, and any kind of industry which harms the planet in order to enrich its profits.
In the halls of medical schools all over the country purer basic science and clinical research is coming forward to enrich lives. If only the medical industry could put pharmaceutical usage, and all other toxins, into a more natural perspective, then we might witness an outbreak of health and healing.
Our planetary home is in great peril and has been taken to its tipping point. I have heard from several sources now that up to 78% animal life forms which live near freshwater sources have died off in the past 42 years. This is a staggering statistic which is very difficult to comprehend. Will we realize that the health of our planetary home and ourselves is one? Or will the planet one day just rise up and shake us off like fleas?
One very good reason we have to keep our brains healthy is simply so that we can do our part in helping to reverse all of the negative planetary trends. And by doing that we will also naturally be helping our brains, and our total health.
I’ll come back in the next Journal with some more information about how we can improve our brain health.
In the meantime, and as you have time for this fabulous 30 minute presentation, please view this video production entitled Inner Worlds, Outer Worlds-Part I-Akasha. As you watch this video, please understand that the entire Universe is enfolded and nestled holographically and fractally within you. Your brain is wired, with your body, for this ultimate spiritual knowing. All of the great wisdom traditions have tried to help us understand this principle.
“Dost thou reckon thyself only a puny form when within thee the entire Universe is folded?”…a Bahai teaching
Signing off from Crestone and Beyond
- Inner Worlds, Outer Worlds-Part II-The Spiral…a 32 minute companion continuation to Part I, above, with more mind expanding wisdom and mystery. This beautiful soulful presentation does not mention one of our most important spirals, and that is the spiral of the heart ventricular muscle, known as the helical ventricular myocardial band, the HVMB, which I wrote about in reference #2, just below.
- The Spiral of Life…Heart Electromagnetics, Part II…this Journal explains one way in which the Universe is enfolded within us in a very special spiral of our heart’s ventricular muscle, the HVMB.
- Medical Errors are No. 3 Cause of US Deaths, Researchers Say…some recent information from Johns Hopkins Medical School.
- Pharmaceuticals Kill 100,000 Hospital Patients per Year…information from a 1998 pharmaceutical publication, which is now almost 20 years old. Since this time the trend of morbidity and mortality caused by careless pharmaceutical prescribing and usage is worsening.
- Scholarly Articles on Adverse Drug Reactions…here is more information about the ADR problem, which is not being properly addressed.
- Unconventional Medicine…Join the Revolution to Reinvent Healthcare, Reverse Chronic Disease, and Create a Practice You Love…a recently published book by natural health thought leader and practitioner Chris Kresser explains the future of health and wellness. This book is for everyone; practitioner and patient alike.
- A Three-Step Plan to Fix Conventional Healthcare…Chris Kresser is interviewed on Revolution Health Radio and details some of the obvious problems in the conventional healthcare model as it is currently being practiced. Kresser covers the most important problems and offers scalable solutions. The way chronic disease is being treated in this country is crippling hundreds of millions of people, and is a major cause of our economic problems.
- Preventing and Reversing Dementia…a recent Journal writing about the work of Dr. Dale Bredesen which features a very informatie interview by Chris Kresser of Dr. Bredesen.
- Brain Health…the Journal written in March, 2016, mentioned above, which studies Alzheimer’s disease.
- Brain Health and the Degenerative Disease Spectrum…A Journal treatise on how all degenerative diseases should be viewed as arising from the same spectrum of change.
- Minding your Mind…an older Journal writing about how your four-on-the-floor (quaternary) model can be maintained and driven with more ease and comfort.
- Minding your Meditation…a Journal writing on this website about one of the best health practices one can use for a healthy brain and experiencing the wonders of the present moment.
- Minding your Mitochondria…a website Journal writing about where the real chemistry of the health of all cells and organs takes place…in the cellular mitochondria.
- The Power of the Third Moment…insightful commentary about the moments of sensing, arising, and reacting and how to create mental composure for the best karmic outcome. “By widening the gap between action and reaction, you can gain some distance from your automatic responses and also gain an opportunity to know your emotions. You can stop being ruled by these emotions and instead begin to rule your experience of life.”
- Scientists find evidence of a multidimensional universe INSIDE our brain…the human brain contains functional holographic and fractal structuring which may extend to the eleven dimensions which have been proposed in string theory.
- Blood Sugar and Brain Health…a website Journal which explains how elevated blood sugar harms brain health.
- Big Sugar Buried Evidence to Hide Sugar Harms…the sugar industry, like all of the big corporations, is intent on pushing their addictive and destructive product into our lives. This is another story of corporate malfeasance.
- Is Cognitive Training the Answer for Dementia?…a December 7, 2017 posting on the Mercola website which reviews the data on using cognitive training to help dementia. This writing has a nice summary of a variety of dementia considerations and also features a recent interview with Dr. Dale Bredesen.
- Consider the Seed…a Zen Buddhist practitioner explains all of the above in beautiful words, allegory, and story.
- Here are the 4 writings on this website about the electromagnetic functioning of the heart…how the heart functions in our lives outside of its role of pumping blood. These considerations are very important for body-mind-emotion-spirit health, and are the most important considerations for living a happy and healthy life that I know of. There are many many people who live happy and healthy lives in our world who might never need to read such writings because they are the living examples of a glowing heart. Seek these people out and let them rub off on you some…1) The Pulse of Life, 2) The Spiral of Life, 3) The Prayer of Life, and 4) The Beginning of Life.
- Adverse Childhood Events…an important writing on this website about ACEs and their profound influence on our long term health and happiness. By forgiving and healing our past traumas we are healing the electromagnetic heart field, all of the DNA, and all of the flesh. ACEs are the source of all of our decision tree process problems, and all subsequent addictions and diseases which stick on us. I think that the healing of past traumas is also the most important engagement we can do in our ongoing spiritual life pursuit.
- 7 Techniques to Help Improve Your Memory…tried and true ways to help neuroplasticity and memory. The Smart phone craze is another collective brain toxicity. People appear to be more and more checked out into their devices. I have never owned a Smart phone, tablet, etc. because of the electromagnetic effect and other types of toxicities which I wish to avoid. I don’t own a microwave device. I use an older flip phone only when I travel. I don’t travel very much or very often. I wrote about the hazards of cell phones here. The science about the ill effects of the electromagnetic fields in which we are awash is growing.