Meetings and consultations are conducted in person in a spacious, comfortable, private office setting. It is best for the client if initial consultations are in person. Subsequent consultations may be arranged by telephone, but in-person consultations are preferred and encouraged. Consultation time allotment and structure is completely flexible, and is built around the client’s desired areas of concerns in body-mind-emotion-spirit.
This life-style consultative service is not appropriate for, nor is it oriented to assist with emergency situations which threaten life or limb.
If your condition requires emergency assistance, please contact your local emergency service providers, or go to your local hospital emergency room, or call 911.
Payment Information and General Policies
Payment is made at the time of service either by check or cash. Payment by credit card is not offered.
Consultations are usually held in the afternoon hours, but may be scheduled for morning hours. Weekend appointments are only offered in the afternoon hours, and are only offered under special circumstances at my discretion. The consultation rates for each of these times is different.
- Afternoon consultations are billed at $144/hour.
- Morning consultations are billed at 1.5 times the afternoon rate, or, $216/hour.
- Weekend consultations are billed at 2 times the afternoon rate, or, $288/hour.
- Urgent after-hours consultations are billed at 1.5 times the afternoon rate, or, $216/hour.
The charge for all non-consultative office services is $144 per hour.
Non-consultative office services include all office work done on the client’s behalf such as: initial intake telephone consultation interviews, regular telephone consulting, laboratory results review and interpretation, chart review, research and study pertaining to client conditions, mailing, emailing, faxing, and all other communications done on the client’s behalf.
I do not work with any employees or ancillary personnel in this practice. You and I are the team. You will be communicating directly with me in all circumstances. I handle all correspondence with patients, lab result tracking and follow-up, and communication with other health professionals. This results in returned communications, usually within one day, and eliminates middle person communication errors. It also allows me to keep overhead and consultation fees at a premium low charge. My communication with you is conducted in a timely, and usually very prompt, fashion.
Payment is made at the time of service for in person consultations. For telephone consultations, payment is expected to be sent in your next day’s outgoing mail. Please see the Late Payment Penalty Fee below.
Payments should be sent to P.O. Box 395, Crestone, CO, 81131.
I do not work with insurance companies, and I am not a Medicare or Medicaid provider.
A billing statement can be provided, if requested, for non Medicare clients at the conclusion of the appointment, including diagnosis and procedure codes. The client can then proceed with their insurance carrier or employee cafeteria plan for possible reimbursement.
There is a 48 hour cancellation policy. A one hour fee of $144 will be assessed for any appointment cancelled within a 48 hour window of the scheduled appointment.
Late Payment Penalty Fee
The late payment policy is strict. On occasion, a client will choose not to submit payment in a timely fashion, and this results in my time and efforts to contact you requesting payment. You will be hearing from me on this matter since I do not work with any other office personnel.
This policy applies to payments for telephone consultations and other types of communications, as described above, and for all other office services conducted on the client’s behalf. Upon receiving an invoice, I request that you send the payment to me in your next day’s outgoing mail . If the payment is not received by mail within 5 business days, then a late payment fee will be assessed and added to the invoice total. This additional total is assessed at double my usual hourly rate for the time I spend trying to communicate with you to receive payment.
Additional Fees and Pharmacy Renewals
There is a $72 charge for the initiation as well as the annual renewal of all prescriptions. This charge includes the requisite chart review and communication with the appropriate pharmacy and pharmacist. The charge applies to each drug renewed for the patient per year.
I will not refill any pharmaceutical prescription without at least an annual consultation.
Disclosure Agreement, HIPAA, and Email Policies
Upon initiation of consultative services I require your understanding, agreement, and signature signing of general policies relating to my services which are standard in the medical industry. The Disclosure Agreement basically describes the payment policies noted above, and some aspects of my services as noted below. The HIPAA statement describes your rights to your personal health information (PHI). The Email agreement describes policies appropriate for communication by electronic format.
This service is developed through highly personalized dialogue and shared information. Questionnaires assist in understanding each client’s particular issues and needs, and help to streamline the dialogue and personalized plan for helping each individual. Physical examinations are performed for selective client conditions.
In addition, laboratory services are utilized for analysis of blood, urine, and salivary parameters, as indicated. Radiological imaging techniques and tissue pathology reports are also utilized. Laboratory services which are used include all common conventional medical industry and hospital community based lab services.
In addition, more specialized laboratory services are commonly recommended. The websites of these labs are linked here for your review:
- Genova Diagnostics
- Cyrex Labs
- The Great Plains Laboratory, Inc.
- Precision Analytical, Inc.
- Labrix Clinical Services
- SpectraCell Laboratories
- Quicksilver Scientific
- Genomic Solutions Now
- ZRT Laboratory
A More In Depth Description of the Consultations
In this section I shall attempt to provide the reader with more information and a broader understanding of aspects of the Haelan LifeStream health model, and how I approach clients’ individualized concerns. I also refer you to this concise article which was published in JustLuxe Magazine in May, 2014, and covers historical aspects of my life long journey in the medical world, as well as my unique approach with clients in the consultations.
Because it offers a comprehensive study and integration of all aspects of our being…body, mind, emotions, and spirit…the Haelan LifeStream model of healing and well being transcends many inherent limitations that prevail in the highly specialized uni-dimensional healing modalities which are currently available.
Most of today’s health oriented modalities and techniques offer some compartmentalized niche aspect of consideration in the health concerns of a person’s body, mind, emotions, and spirit. Such modalities and techniques may be valuable in their own right, but they can only offer a piecemeal and incomplete consideration of how the four aspects of our being integrate as a whole person.
Foundational to this more broadly integrated approach is the development of a Heart based consciousness. Development of Heart based consciousness helps center and ground spirit in the body, allowing one’s mental and emotional energies to become the functional tools they are intended to be. When the Heart is functioning in its resonant frequency of 0.1 cycles per second, the health benefits are well noted. The developing science of Heart electromagnetics and quantum entanglement is beginning to unfold in our cultural consciousness.
Ordinarily, unhappy and unhealthy people have most of their energy diverted by limiting beliefs and thoughts in their brain mind thinking patterns. Our negative thinking processes operate simultaneously with concomitant shadow emotions and feelings which are usually triggered by unresolved traumatic memories. The demands of unrelenting negative mental and emotional constructs leaves little or no energy to spare for the evolutionary unfolding of spirit in body.
The development of resolution and clarity of persistent negative mental and emotional patterns allows the bioenergetic physical and spiritual Heart to exert itself as the seat of the body, clarified mind, healed emotions, and ever-present spirit.
The Heart and brain can then become well aligned and begin to manifest the passions, motivators, and gifts that spirit intended for the healing journey of this lifetime.
The prevailing social trends of American culture in the post WWII period have propagandized and habituated the health care consumer to ignore their own natural healing intelligence, and to assume that health is available only by way of the conventional medical techniques which are currently oriented to be dismissive of our natural healing ability.
These techniques, while valuable for acute emergency interventions, are not oriented or suitable for the treatment of chronic conditions, and actually guide the patient further off course over time. Conventional medical industry treatments are often fraught with serious complications, and both morbid and mortal outcomes.
This Divine healing and life evolving intelligence is always functioning in our body-mind-emotion-spirit quarternary. The Haelan LifeStream model is designed to assist a client to come into full alignment with the tools and practice for a life of health and happiness.
There are no fast fixes in consideration of the evolution of an entire human life. In fact, healing continues on in our life after life existence.
Clients can consult in any area of their chief concerns, and can then also proceed with a more comprehensive consideration of the entire model as it relates to their particular concerns, over time, and as desired. There is no requirement or demand to study the entire Haelan LifeStream offering until one wishes and is ready to do so.
In addition to the associated consultative services which are described in the sidebar on the right hand side of this page, a brief description of the 6 key areas of study is offered here:
1) Nutrition-developing an individualized diet consisting of appropriate foods, diet styles, supplemental micronutrients, and bio-identical hormone therapy, when appropriate. Understanding the epigentic role of: nutritional vs. malnutritional roles of exposure to one’s particular quality of water, sunlight, air, personal domestic products, and an array of other types of domestic, work-place, as well as community based environmental concerns. A strong emphasis is given to a client’s genetic carrier status and their specific nutrigenomic needs.
2) Exercise– how to develop an individualized program addressing cardiovascular training, weight resistance training, flexibility, and balance. Developing the physical body that performs as we want and need it to perform. Helping clients select the correct forms of exercise for their individual conditions.
3) Mental Clarity– understanding the brain mind and Heart mind communication, the usual communication dysfunctions created by reflexive trauma memory patterns, and the underlying faulty subconscious beliefs which contribute to this. Accepting one’s repetitive, dualistic, and fear based addictive thought patterns, and evolving into peace. Understanding neurotransmitters and neurohormones, and how to balance this biochemistry. Understanding the gut-brain chemistry contribution to our health.
Emotional Clarity-understanding, developing, and practicing genius in our natural toolbox of key emotional frequencies. Understanding addictive shadow emotion states and their associated causative trauma imprints vs. the clarified utilitarian use of the emotion to protect and heal one’s life. Becoming emotionally sober through surrender, discernment, and an ongoing practice of clarity inside of life’s difficult and challenging moments. Developing resiliency and patience with one’s life process.
4) Self Love-developing forgiveness, non judgment, and a love of one’s life process and personal life evolution. Identification of heart based primary motivators, or, passions. Development of feeling, thinking, and consciousness based in the heart. Aligning brain mind with heart mind to serve and more fully manifest individual authenticity of spirit. Learning how to mitigate addictive left brain constructs which are always trying to override the heart via the brain thinking constructs of the Judge, the Critic, the Skeptic, the Pusher, and the Victim.
5) Spiritual Awareness– clarifying and developing one’s personal spiritual being and journey regardless of one’s religious denomination, spiritual path affiliation, or perceived state of agnosticism or atheism. The major emphasis here is to define one’s primary motivators and the unique gifts which one is designed to build a life and life offering around.
Any of the following subjects of inquiry and contemplation may be appropriate, and are examples of exploration from past consultations:
- anthropocentric implications of the usage for the various names of Divinity, such as: God, Consciousness, Self, Singularity, Source, the Indwelling Presence, the Mind of God, the non-local quantum holographic field, and many many others
- external vs. internal Divinity
- exploration of any universal spiritual themes which the client may be curious about
- multidimensionality as a matrix of our Being
- exploration of converging theories about life after life
- developing a good life journey for a seamless transition to a good life after life
- What is God’s intention of Itself as your life?
- contemplation of St. Augustine’s message…”God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you think you understand, you have failed.”
- understanding the limitations of word abstractions in trying to describe the spiritual experience
- having a spiritual life while identifying as being agnostic or atheist
6) Vision Work– manifesting one’s passions, goals, purpose, gifts, dreams, health, and happiness through heart based consciousness. How to attract that which you desire to manifest by conjoined vibrational alignment of heart and brain with the desired manifestation.