As a holistic physician with a life long experience in the healing arts, I consult with clients about any of their concerns in body, mind, emotions, and spirit.
During a long experience in the conventional medical industry as a surgeon I developed a blend of clinical and intuitive skills. These skills are founded in a life long exposure to earlier traditional and conventional ways of physicianship, medical practice, and methods of healing.
Born to physician parents, and the father of a physician, my lifetime interest in healing and the multidimensional nature of our being began to form in 1960 when I met Helen Keller, who was a friend of my mother. I was able to understand that Ms. Keller could psychically see, despite her physical blindness. This intimate meeting and exchange with Ms. Keller was a foundational life experience, and prompted my early curiosity about deeper aspects of our being.
My physician mother, the late Jane Day of Montgomery, Alabama, helped me understand, at age 12, that healing comes from within by the action of self accountability and Divine Grace. The role of the physician is to facilitate this process for the patient, their loved ones, and also for themselves… the physician.
My college and medical school studies were combined with independent studies of Christian mysticism, Eastern spiritual paths, and cultural healing modalities. As a busy general, vascular, and trauma surgeon in Boulder, Colorado, for 20 years, I developed and integrated the elemental components of the Haelan LifeStream model into my surgical practice as a teaching tool to assist patients with their life process issues. In 2001, I retired from the surgical work to establish the Haelan LifeStream Center, offering the model to individual patient clients on a full time basis.
In 2007, I moved the Center to Crestone, Colorado, a beautiful retreat community located at the foot of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, just north of the Great Sand Dunes, in southern Colorado’s San Luis Valley. This community is well known for embracing sustainability and healing practices, and it is home to numerous spiritual centers of Eastern and Western paths.
In May 2009, the Haelan LifeStream Center was permanently established in the Grants subdivision of Crestone. The Center now operates as a live-in retreat rental for 1 or 2 people who may wish to come to this site for private retreat, consultation time with me, as well as enjoyment of the wonderful amenities and profound natural beauty of Crestone, the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, and the San Luis Valley.
Since this service is not marketed or advertised, the offering has been built around word of mouth referral. Your referrals are appreciated.
Thank you for reading.
Degrees and Professional Practice
- Medical Director, Emergency Medical Services, Crestone, CO, 2007-2009
- Founded Haelan LifeStream Center, Crestone, CO, 2007
- Founded Haelan LifeStream Center, Boulder, CO, 2001
- General, Vascular, and Trauma Surgery practice, 1981-2001, Boulder Medical Center, Boulder, CO
- Physician of the Year, 1994, Boulder Medical Center
- Chairman, Department of Surgery, 1990-1992, Boulder Community Hospital
- Chief Administrative Resident, General Surgery, 1981, University of Maryland Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- General Surgery Residency, 1979 -1981, University of Maryland Hospital, Baltimore, MD
- General Surgery Residency, 1977-1979, Tulane Division, Charity Hospital of Louisiana, New Orleans, LA
- M.D., 1977, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA
- B.S., Chemistry and Biology, 1973, Rhodes College, Memphis, TN
- Pre-Medical studies, 1969-1971, University of the South, Sewanee, TN
- High School Diploma, 1969, Sewanee Military Academy, Sewanee, TN